This research center initiated its activities in 2006. It carries out research on stem cells and genetic diseases like thalassemia, deafness, etc; and also allows students of master’s degree and Ph.D. to work on their thesis. This center comprises of different parts with different facilities.
Its main purposes are:
- Conducting research (basic and practical) on the diagnosis of diseases and the use of appropriate treatments.
- Training experienced people in cellular and molecular sciences.
- Empowering the students and graduates in medical and paramedical fields of study in different levels.
- Creating a database (through the collection, regulation and classification of articles and documents) associated with the research projects of the center and others centers.
- Trying to establish relations and cooperation with other research and educational centers in the country.
- Upgrading the knowledge and potentialities of the scientific faculty, researchers and students in basic sciences.
- Helping scientific groups with no research centers.
- Doing research on stem cells.